SCOPE OF COVER
The Policy covers the Contract Works and also all materials, tools, tackle and plant on the site for the purpose of the contract, the main exceptions being:-
- War, warlike operations, mutiny, military or usurped power, confiscation, or requisition or destruction under the order of any Government or public authority
- a) Defective workmanship or defective materials
b)Wear and tear, rust, mildew or other gradual deterioration
c)Mechanical or electrical breakdown or derangement of construction plants, equipments &machinery
d)Defective or inadequate design
N.B. The exclusion of loss or damage caused by (a), (b) or (c) is limited to the machine or structure immediately affected and does not extend to other parts of the Property lost or damaged thereby.
3) Plant as outlined in N.B. of Question 9 above.
4) Deeds, bonds, bills of exchange, promissory notes, cash, bank notes, cheques, securities for money or stamps.
5) Consequential loss and penalties for delay.
The Contractor is also required to bear the first amount of any loss agreed as “Deductible”
THIRD PARTY LIABILITY
The Policy provides indemnity in respect of claims by Third Parties, the main exceptions being:
1) Loss of or damage to any property land or buildings caused by vibration or the removal or weakening of support of such property land or buildings
2) Any liability which attaches by virtue of an agreement but which would not have attached in the absence of such agreement
3) Liability for bodily injury to any person under a contract of service or apprenticeship with the Insured arising out of and in the course of the employment of such person by the Insured.
Each Contract is rated separately. A Quotation will be given on receipt of a completed Proposal Form.
COVER IS SUBJECT TO THE FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE POLICY.